Saturday, April 10, 2010

Spring snack and spring onions

Spring is here! at least we thought! The weather is playing us and I dont know any more when to start my new detox! Any way I am using spring onions in my next recipe:
Roasted buttersquash soup and maple-glazed parsnips
First the parsnips. I love parsnips: they are sweet and make delicous treats for a mid-day snack. I love to either roast them or for a more moist texture I blanch them first then roast them. I peel them and I like to cut them in circle and remove the center. I mix olive oil and maple syrup and add spices: cayenne pepper, turmeric, a pinch of sage and coriander. Salt and pepper and I bake at 350 for half hour.

For the soup, peel the buttersquash, cut in small cubes, mix with olive oil, sprinkle a pinch of sea salt and roast for 20 minutes. In a pot, heat olive oil, saute 5 minutes three spring onions (minced) and add after 3 minutes two heads of garlic. Add the roasted buttersquash, stir and add 2 to 3 cups of vegetables stock (depending of the thickness you want to achieve). Season to taste. Cover and let simmer for 30 minutes. Blend. It's done! Store the left over in the freezer for one cold april day..

No comments:

Post a Comment