Sunday, January 22, 2012
Special Melissa Blueberry Spelt Muffins
Special Melissa because I put half spelt and half all-purpose for a softer texture.
1-2 tsp butter for greasing muffin tin
1 cup spelt
1 cup all purpose
4 maple crystals
1 tsp sea salt
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 stick (8 tbl) butter, melted, cool down
1/2 cup milk
6 tbl maple syrup
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup blueberries with a few for top of the muffins
1. pre heat oven to 400F. grease muffin pan w butter.
2. melt the stick of butter. let it cool down.
3. in medium bowl, combine dry ingredients.
4. in separate small bowl, combine wet ingredients: butter, milk, maple syrup, and eggs.
5. mix wet into the dry ingredients. add berries. mix carefully to incorporate.
6. using standard ice cream scoop, fill muffin tins 3/4 full.
7. bake 15 - 18 minutes.
A gluten-free alternative:
1 cup and 4 tbl corn flour and 1 cup of gluten free flour
gluten free flour:
*for 3 cups gluten free flour:
2 cups rice flour
2/3 cup potato starch flour
1/3 cup tapioca starch flour